Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2.9 miles (4.7 km) | 27:42 | 9:30/mile (5:54/km)

This was an easy run over the same loop route as yesterday but in the opposite (counterclockwise) direction. Temperatures were about the same as all week, hovering around 0 C (32 F). A tiny bit of fresh snow was down, but already melted in places that they'd salted.

On motivation: I really, really didn't want to run this morning. I worked late last night, had a late 10 PM dinner, was up reading until midnight, and didn't sleep well. When 6 AM rolled around, I wanted to go back to bed and turn this into an unscheduled rest day.

I told myself that I would just swap today's run and tomorrow's rest day. After about 10 minutes, I decided to go out and do it. There was no good physical reason not to, and it was only an easy run of less than 3 miles/30 minutes.

On toes: my little toe on my left foot is hurting me a bit. It's got a weird toenail that is really tiny and hardly ever grows (at least, I never have to cut it). Yesterday it was sore to walk around on it, and sore in my boots I wear on the trip to work. I'm not sure if it was yesterday's running shoes or the boots that did it.

I've got two pairs of running shoes that I alternate. The ones I wore today didn't seem to bother the toe.

I've also got long second toes on both feet, longer than my big toes. That means they rub on most running shoes. They're not blistered yet because when I started running last week I used two pairs of socks for warmth. But they are a little sore on the tips.

Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day. Other than my toes, I don't feel sore anywhere. I'd like to keep that up.

No comments: