Wednesday, June 11, 2008

4.5 km easy

2.8 miles (4.5 km) | 26:06 | 9:19/mile (5:48/km)

Today was an easy day. I was supposed to run 5 km, but it started a cold drizzle after about 3 km. I started thinking about the rain and completely forgot about a turn I had to make to cross to the other side of the road and go down a parallel trail. Thus I unintentionally cut about 500 meters off my run.

I ran (nearly) the same loop as Monday but in the opposite direction. That probably contributed to forgetting my turn.

I didn't realize I had cut out some distance until I got home and tried to figure out what my pace was. I ran faster than on Monday, for the same perceived effort, but not that much faster.

Tomorrow I will run a pace run over the same 6.5 km as Tuesday. I will try to run 5:41 per km, which works out to 9:10 per mile and a four hour marathon.

No comments: