Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back in the saddle

I've just started running again. I dropped my earlier training program due to (a) cold weather, (b) short days with dark mornings and nights, (c) moving to a new house, and (d) a bunch of travel.

I'm still targeting finishing a fall marathon, though. I'm trying to follow Hal Higdon's Intermediate I marathon training program. The program will start on June 15, just over a week from now. Initially, I will run less mileage than the program asks and hope to ramp it up to closely follow the program. The reason I'm not following one of the novice programs is that I want to run five days a week with one rest day and one cross training day (compared to four days a week with two rest days and a cross training day).

I ran 3.3 km (2 miles) on Tuesday. I have forgotten the time, but it was 17 something for somewhere between 8 and 9 minutes per mile pace.

I ran 4.5 km (2.7 miles) on Wednesday. Time was 26:21 for a 9:45 per mile pace.

I took Thursday as a scheduled off day and will run tomorrow (Friday). The plan is to run the same 4.5 km loop and try to do it at a 9:09 pace (which would be a 4 hour marathon pace). That works out to 25:35 as a target for tomorrow.

No comments: