Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cross training

Today was cross training. I cycled with my wife and son to the beach south of Aarhus, laid out and waded in the water for a while, and then rode back. I carried our son in his child seat on my bike.

Distance was 39.3 km (24.4 miles). Total time was 2:32:02. We didn't go too fast. We averaged 15.5 km/h (9.6 mph) with a top speed of 36.6 km/h (22.7 mph).

Temps have been high here lately. They have reached 30 (86 degrees F) for the last few days.

The plan for the upcoming week is to run 3, 4, and 3 miles on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday respectively. Thursday is supposed to be a scheduled rest day and Friday is a 4 mile run at marathon pace (which I will have to start adjusting downward, ie, faster, soon). I think I will switch these two days (running 4 miles on Thursday, resting on Friday). I am traveling to Salt Lake City for a meeting on the weekend, and have to be on the bus to the airport at 6:35 on Friday morning.

For my long run, I will increase my mileage by one from this past week and run six miles. In Salt Lake City. Jet lagged. Sunday I will find a way to do cross training. There is a pool at my hotel, or else I will just take a really brisk walk.

The Hal Higdon Intermediate I program I will be following starts officially the week after that.

No comments: