Friday, June 20, 2008

Unscheduled off day

I took today off. Two days ago, my first day back in Denmark, I started to come down with a cold. Probably I was exposed to something on one of the long airplane flights. As colds go, it's a pretty bad one with a lot of pressure in my head and aching in my joints.

My knees are still a little sore, too, so I want to take it easy on them. I had a five miler at marathon pace scheduled for today and an eight miler for tomorrow. This morning I decided that the eight miler was more important to the training program and so if I only run one of them it should be that one.

I felt so bad this morning that I didn't even want to ride my bike in to work, so I took the bus instead.

The plan at this point is to run eight miles tomorrow, and then do some cross training (probably a bike ride) on Sunday.

No comments: