Monday, June 9, 2008

5K easy

3.1 miles (5 km) | 30:12 | 9:44/mile (6:02/km)

Today was just an easy 5K. I found a loop around my neighborhood that was exactly 5 km on the online løberute planlægger (Danish: "running route planner"). The pace I ran today, 6 minutes per km, is about my "easy" running pace.

I ran earlier today, about 7:15. The kids in the neighborhood were all bicycling to school, so there was a lot of traffic on the walking/bicycling trails.

I wore my Adidas shoes. I have two pairs of running shoes, and I alternate them. I'll sometimes write in this journal which pair of shoes I've worn so I can keep track.

My calves are a little sore after two harder days running and a long bike ride in the last three days. I am also not nearly as flexible as I was in high school. So, I am starting a flexibility routine too, where I run through about 15-20 minutes of stretching before bed (and after my runs, too).

No comments: